Saturday, December 24, 2005

In regards to Comics and Violence

Well...for me it's not the violence I object to...

when I was a kid I read the most violent comics available...House of the Dead, Tales of the Crypt, Eerie, Creepy, Vampirella, Sgt.Rock, War Tales, Ripley's Believe it or Not,...etc...

if anyone besides me remembers the big old Eerie and Creepy and Vampirella series ...they were more violent than most comics today...ghouls, beheadings, torture, etc...that picture of the Hulk tearing Wolverine in two is mild compared to most of the imagery in Eerie or Creepy.

Images of violence does NOT make someone go out and commit violence...

low self-esteem, depression, fear, resentment, jealousy, etc...is what makes for violent behaviour...NOT seeing Superman die or Batman get beat up by Bane

a corrupted emotional/intellectual state + a convenient excuse = violence

Eg wink.gif